If you have been physically or economically injured by any wrongdoer, whether in an automobile collision, bicycle accident, pedestrian accident, motorcycle collision, construction or workplace accident, premises liability case, or any other personal injury accident, you have certain legal rights against the wrongdoer. You have the right to be compensated for:
- Damage to your vehicle in an automobile collision;
- Medical bills;
- Lost wages;
- Mileage expenses;
- Out-of-pocket expenses;
- Loss of enjoyment of life;
- Physical and mental pain and suffering;
- Partial or full disability; and
- Permanency of injuries damages.
If you have been physically or economically harmed by any wrongdoer it is critical that you not sign a release form provided to you by the wrongdoer or any insurance company. You should consult with a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible following an accident.
At the Law Offices of Michael L. Jacobs we will resolve any underlying property damage claims, work with your healthcare providers, and ensure that you are able to get the medical treatment necessary to reach your pre-injury status. We will work to get your medical bills paid and, most importantly, we will relieve the stress and anxiety of dealing with the claim yourself. Contact our law offices today for a free consultation and case evaluation.
- Make sure the accident is reported to the appropriate police agency and that a Police Traffic Collision Report is completed;
- Write down the names, addresses and numbers for all witnesses to the accident;
- If you have been injured, seek medical attention promptly;
- Follow your healthcare provider's recommendations and get appropriate, necessary and reasonable medical treatment in order for you to make a full recovery;
- Take photographs of any vehicle damage, the accident site, and any visible injuries you have sustained, including bruises;
- Retain all receipts for out-of-pocket expenses such as prescriptions or medical devices;
- Keep a journal of the pain you have been experiencing and what you do to relieve it;
- Do not sign releases with any insurance company; and
- Promptly consult with a qualified personal injury attorney.